ZHAireS release notes.
These notes briefly summarize the new developments and/or improvements
of the current version of ZHAireS. For more detailed information on
any of these new features, refer to the additional documentation.
Release notes for ZHAireS 1.0.30.
Features not yet supported
- Showers per Task.
- ZHAireS supports only one shower per Task.
AIRES has the capability to run several showers in one task
(i.e. with one input file). ZHAireS does not support this.
Be sure to specify TotalShowers 1 within the input directives..
- Fixed zenith and azimuth angles.
- AIRES has the capability of specifying a range for both primary
zenith and azimuth angles, and a random value folowing a certain
distribution is chosen at run time for each shower. ZHAireS does not
support this. You must explicitly set a fixed value for both the
zenith and azimuth angles.
- Dense media has neither been tested nor validated.
- Although AIRES supports the simulation on an homogeneous media with
arbitrary density, and ZHAireS supports entering an arbitrary fixed
refraction index (which could be used to simulate radio-emission in
ice for example) this has not been tested nor validated. Do not use it
- Fixed primary energies recommended.
- AIRES has the capability of specifying a range of primary
energies, and a random value folowing a certain distribution is
chosen at run time for each shower. ZHAireS support this, but the
python functions used externally to produce HDF5 files do not.